Is liposuction the right surgery for you?
Liposuction or Tummy tuck? This is a question you might be asking if you have decided to use surgical methods to lose excess fat. Both these surgeries have their own benefits and side effects. The cost of these treatments is high, considering the amount of risk a patient goes through during the course of the treatment. Another point to be noted is that neither of these treatments gives you a 100% guarantee of you ending with the exact results you had asked for. However, both these treatments are done under expert supervision and probability of either of these treatments going wrong is almost negligible.
What is liposuction?
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery which involves the reduction of excess body fat. A surgical vacuum is used to extract excess fat, from several areas of the body such as the thighs, hips abdomen, calves and other areas.
What is tummy tuck?
This procedure involves the extraction of fat from the abdominal areas, and helps in tightening your muscles which are present next to the abdominal walls. The procedure is most effective when fat needs to be extracted from the abdominal areas.
Why should I choose liposuction over tummy tuck surgery?
- Liposuction is ideal for you if your goal is to remove fat from multiple areas of the body.
- Causes minimal stretch marks or very few side effects
- The procedure heals faster compared to tummy tuck surgery
- The pain that may be caused during this treatment is very less
- Involves safe removal of fat
- Leaves you with long lasting results
- Improves your physical appearance
What are the benefits of a tummy tuck surgery?
- The procedure helps in reducing stress in your urinary incontinence
- It helps you in improving you in muscle tone in the abdominal areas
- Helps you in improving correction of ventral hernia correction
- Increases your body tolerance to physical exercise
What are side effects of tummy tuck surgery and liposuction surgery?
Tummy tucks surgery
- The accumulation of excess fluids
- You will face poor wound healing
- You will have skin loss
- There will be skin color discoloration
- Persistent body pain
- Your legs will be persistently swollen
- This might damage your skin
- There is a possibility of a revised surgery
- You will have heavy scarring
- It can lead to wounds that are not easily healed
- Complications can arise due to use of anesthetics
- Appearance of temporary swelling, bruising in the treated area
- permanent change in the color of your skin
- Appearance of uneven skin surfaces on the treated areas.
- There will be excessive loss of blood and some other fluids from your body
- You face excess fluid accumulation
- Post the surgery you are prone to more kidney and heart problems
Some of the common myths about liposuction and Tummy tuck surgery
Liposuction and Tummy tuck surgeries carry a lot of myths; here are some of the most common as well as inportant myths that patients have about these liposuction and tummy tuck surgery treatments
The surgery does not hurt at all
During the course of both these surgeries, the patient undergoes a certain amount of pain.
An obese patient is a perfect candidate to be treated for liposuction or Tummy tuck
The candidates who opt for the surgery can be just a little overweight and need not be obese.
There is a specific age to get this treatment done
Doctors have claimed that, age is not a deciding factor for the patient to be a candidate for the surgery.
The more fat removed during the treatment it is better
The more the fat removed the more the risks involved in the treatment.