How to Avoid Sickness Associated With Raining Season
- Always drink boiled water only during the wet season in order to prevent diseases like cholera, dysentery and several other diseases.
- The eating of warm, liquid and easy to digest food is also recommended. Moreover, doctors say it is healthy to wear dry and clean clothes and exercise for 30 minutes daily in order to avoid many diseases.
- Make sure you do proper sanitation always and most especially during the raining season, ensure that no stagnant water is lodging around your environment. When nothing is done to eliminate this stagnant water, mosquitoes go there and lay their eggs and before you know it, there will be a circle of infection and this is why we have a high incidence of malaria attack during this season.
- Keep yourselves warm during the cold season by wearing proper clothing, avoid excessive exposure to the rain. “You can take hot or warm water when you have catarrh as it helps to liquefy the substances that block the nostrils and allows you to breathe well.
- Vitamin C – Increasing the intake of Vitamin C either in natural form or as food supplement will help you drive away the cold virus faster. It is still a matter of debate among doctors whether Vitamin C is a cure for a cold. However, a healthy supply of this vitamin will activate your antibodies and reduce the severity of cold, undoubtedly.