Scientifically Proven Health Benefits of Coconut Water
Coconuts grow on large palm trees known scientifically as Cocos nucifera. Despite the name, the coconut is botanically considered a fruit rather than a nut.
Coconut water is the juice found in the center of a young, green coconut. It helps nourish the fruit.
As the coconut matures, some of the juice remains in liquid form while the rest ripens into the solid white flesh known as coconut meat (1Trusted Source).
Coconut water forms naturally in the fruit and contains 94% water and very little fat.
- Coconut Water is more nutritious than whole milk – Less fat and no cholesterol.
- Coconut Water is healthier than orange juice – Much lower calories.
- Coconut Water is better than processed baby milk – It contains lauric acid, which is present in human mother’s milk.
- Coconut water is a universal donor. It is identical to human blood plasma.
- Coconut Water is a Natural Isotonic Beverage – The same level that we have in our blood.
- Coconut water contains more potassium (at about 294 mg) than most sports drinks (117 mg) and most energy drink.
- Coconut water has less sodium (25mg) where sports drinks have around 41mg and energy drinks have about 200 mg.
- Coconut water has 5mg of Natural Sugars where sports and energy drinks range from 10-25mg of Altered Sugars.
- Coconut water is very high in Chloride at 118mg, compared to sports drinks at about 39mg.