Some women find it easy to conceive a child, while others are looking for effective ways to get pregnant as soon as possible. Good thing there is a wealth of invaluable information available to everyone on the web that will surely boost a woman’s and man’s fertility. Here is a list of 5 ways to boost your fertility:
1. Control Your Weight – Weight can be a fertility issue. Being overweight or underweight can affect your fertility. It may reduce a woman’s ability to conceive. An appropriate weight is very vital in nourishing the developing baby. According to the American Academy of Family Physicians, diet and exercise are essential to obtain a healthy and appropriate pre-pregnancy weight.
2. A Healthy Diet is Important – If you eat healthy and right, it will boost your fertility. Reproductive endocrinologist, Dr. Christopher Williams of the University of Virginia said that it would be easier for a woman to get pregnant if she eats foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals. So make sure you eat foods that are rich in zinc, iron, protein, and vitamin C. Rich sources of zinc include fish, oysters, pumpkin seed, and mangoes. On the other hand, you should also avoid foods that are rich in trans fat such as fried and frozen foods. The Harvard School of Public Health conducted a study and they were able to find out that eating foods that are rich in trans fat may lower the chances of getting pregnant.
3. Stop or Avoid Smoking – Smoking can impair a woman’s fertility. In men, smoking can lessen the production of sperm. Health experts say that if you want to boost your fertility or get pregnant, you should avoid or quit smoking. Cigarettes contain high levels of cadmium which can deplete the level of zinc in the body. Zinc is very important for the proper development of the embryo and fetus. The British Medical Association published a study, stating that smoking may lessen the chances of getting pregnant by 10 to 40 percent. This is due to the fact that cigarettes contain toxins that may affect egg quality and ovulation. In other words, smoking cigarettes makes it harder for you to get pregnant.
4. Take Fertility Supplements – Another way of boosting your fertility is to take fertility supplements. All women who want to conceive are advised to take 400mcg of folic acid everyday. It has been found that folic acid can help women to conceive faster. It can also help in preventing birth defects. Health experts say that it is also good to opt for a multivitamin that contains zinc as well as vitamins C and E.
5. Meditate and Be Active – Studies show that depression and stress may affect a person’s fertility. Stress can lessen the production of hormones in your body. With this, it is important to do activities that can help you relax such as yoga. On the other hand, you should also exercise at least 3 times per week. Walking or brisk walking is a great option.
Indeed, there are various ways to boost your fertility. Just be positive throughout your efforts to conceive and have a baby. It is very essential for you and your partner to be in best health in order to have higher chances of conception.