Lung cancer takes time to produce chronic and severe symptoms. Therefore, it is important that one knows the early symptoms of lung cancer in order to recognize the disease early and prompt treatment can be given. All of these indications and symptoms which display on the early stages of cancer should be discovered in little time so that treatment can be given at once. Once these signs and symptoms are experienced, it is recommended to check with a medical specialist or your physician.
Early symptoms of Lung Cancer
According to statistical reports lung cancer ranks first in the majority death rate in either male or female. This is one of the main reason why medical practitioners and people involved in maintaining the stability of people’s health are eager to lessen the occurrence of the disease by manipulating the environment. Usually, cancer becomes evident from the age of 40 going to 70. In fact, women are now also being affected with the disease and is gaining in number in terms of affectation compared to men.
The moment cancer cells become malignant, it is known as lung cancer in the main level. If a person gets lung cancer and he or she is not a smoker nor is exposed to chemicals and lung irritants, it is deemed that the cancer may have come someplace else from the body. This means that in addition to that afflicted area, it has also contacted the lung which is known as metastasis. The spread on the lung area commonly comes from the bone, stomach, lymph nodes, breast, kidneys, skin, intestines, cervix and even testis.
Some of the common signs and symptoms of cancer are:
nagging coughing which doesn’t go away in weeks or months’ time, torso pain, recurrent bronchitis or pneumonia problems, hemoptysis or coughing blood-stained sputum, easily fatigued, weight loss which is caused by being underweight or loss of urge for food, and lung manifestations like Dyspnea, hoarseness and wheezing.
Some evident symptoms seen in patients having lung cancer are:
- Dysphagia or difficulty in ingesting? which is considered as one of the serious symptoms of lung cancer for it may not allow the cancer patient to ingest food and even liquid. Sometimes, this leads to asphyxiation.
- Abnormalities affecting the fingertips or the fingernails like overgrowth of tissues in fingertips that cause clubbing
- Gynecomastia: enlargement of a man’s breasts, usually due to hormone imbalance or hormone therapy.
- Atrophy or shrinkage of the muscle
Above all, the 3 main symptoms related to lung cancer that must not be set aside are the following:
- Chest pain this is a result from persistent breathing problems or even at the extent of abnormal inhaling and exhaling.
- Hemoptysis or coughing away of blood-streaked sputum which may indicate that shock is now being experienced by the breathing.
- Lack of breath can happen if there is a blockage in the bronchioles or tubes which is a passageway for air.
If more than one of these early symptoms of lung cancer have become occurring on you, it is best that you talk to your doctor immediately most particularly if you are aged 40 and above.